Assure Proportional Trailer Brake Controller with Dynamic Screen #51160
- Pressure-sensitive manual override button for precise braking power
- Large, high-quality 1-1/2" OLED screen displays full text readout
- Sleek, low-profile design with tactile buttons
- Triple-axis, motion-sensing accelerometer for highly responsive, smooth stops
- Third axis provides dynamic power adjustments when going up or down a hill
- Display can be tilted for different mounting options, above or below the dash
- Diagnostic alerts notify of potential problems like low voltage or disconnect
- User-selectable power output and trailer brake light activation
- Automatic leveling and calibration eliminate setup requirements
- Mounts at various angles, above or below the dash, to increase usability
- Nine levels of sensitivity adjustment for varying loads or driving conditions
- Auto sleep mode prevents battery drain
- Plug-and-play install with vehicle-specific quick plug harness (sold separately)
- Operates 2-8 trailer brakes at a time (1-4 axles)
- Built-in reverse-polarity and short-circuit protection
- Compatible with low-voltage systems, PWM systems, ABS and cruise control
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Includes mounting hardware
- Installation Time Exact0
- Shipping Weight2.000
- Mount AnglesVarious
- DisplayOLED Screen
- ActivationTri-axis inertia
- Level AdjustAuto
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime
Staying safe on the road, protecting your cargo and maximizing the life of your vehicle and trailer requires a sophisticated brake control, especially when you're frequently towing heavy loads. The CURT Assure™ is an advanced brake control option that features a highly responsive sensor, a pressure-sensitive manual override and a high-quality, OLED display to ensure smooth braking no matter where the road takes you.
To fully integrate with your vehicle and provide you with direct monitoring of the trailer brakes, the Assure™ brake controller comes with a 1-1/2" wide, 128 x 64 dot matrix OLED display. This high-quality screen provides a clear, easy-to-view interface to monitor and control trailer brake activity. The screen also flips up or folds down to give you a clear view wherever the brake control unit is mounted.
The Assure™ trailer brake controller is built around a triple-axis motion-sensing accelerometer that detects the movement and position of the vehicle on the road. When the brakes are engaged, this accelerometer allows the Assure™ to deliver the precise amount of power to the trailer brakes to flawlessly decelerate the vehicle-trailer combination. It also automatically adjusts this power output when going up or down a hill.
The pressure-sensitive button on the side of the Assure™ electric brake controller allows for manual override of the automated braking. This means you can apply the trailer brakes whenever necessary, whether to correct minor trailer sway or to reduce speed on the highway. Because the button is pressure-sensitive, you can apply the brakes as much or as little as desired.
Like all CURT brake controllers, the Assure™ is equipped with a quick plug connector to easily plug into any of our vehicle-specific brake control harnesses for a custom fit. It also features a sleek, low-profile design to be unobtrusive in your vehicle and an auto-sleep feature to save power. It is compatible with a variety of vehicle systems and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
ordered from E-trailer May 9 , in stock shipped May 14 to be delivered May 18 got it May 29 ( lost in Mail ) hard to get anybody on phone at e-Trailer controller wasn't working right . contacted Curt Mfg less than 15 minute waiting time on phone to talk to someone , James said I had wrong wiring harness needed 51333 not 51332 that e-trailer sent for my truck ( paid Curt $24.00 for harness ) get it still doesn't work . Called back talked to Mark again had to tell him all that I have gone through with E-trailer ( no help ) Mark said harness 51332 & 51333 are the same and doesn't know why James told me wrong but he would send me another controller out , got it 4 days later plugged it in and it works great. after ordering controller and over a month later we can try to go on vacation again ( had to cancel due to controller not working ) Thanks Mark @ Curt Mfg for helping me Frank ( can't say the same for E-trailer )
I got the trailer brake and the harness for my 2013 ram 1500 to tow my carhaul trailer and jeep wrangler. It works great when I have my trailer connected but for some reason as soon as I disconnect my trailer it constantly flashes disconnect and calibrating. I cant figure out what to do about it. But when I have my trailer connected it's the best controller I've used.