Echo Mobile Trailer Brake Controller #51180
- Wireless, portable design allows for easy transfer from one vehicle to another
- Bluetooth connection to control all brake settings from your smartphone
- Custom-designed app monitors brake activity and sends status updates
- Zero-tool, plug-and-play install between vehicle-trailer 7-way connectors
- Triple-axis, motion-sensing accelerometer for highly responsive, smooth stops
- Stores multiple user and vehicle-trailer profiles
- Multi-color LED indicates power, trailer detection and wireless connectivity
- Potted enclosure seals off electronics from the elements for lasting durability
- Locking tab helps maintain a strong 7-way connection
- Automatic calibration reduces setup requirements
- Downloadable app available for Apple iOS and Android OS
- Allows incoming calls to be received while app is running
- Compatible with low-voltage systems, PWM systems, ABS and cruise control
- Built-in reverse-polarity and short-circuit protection
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in USA
- Warning: Avoid distracted driving. Only make adjustments when the vehicle is stationary.
- Operates 2-4 trailer brakes at a time (1-2 axles)
- Patent pending
- Side Application Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- Shipping Weight0.785
- Mount Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- Product Weight0.550
- Axles1 - 2
- Mount AnglesN/A
- DisplayPhone App
- FinishBLACK PLASTIC
- ActivationTri-axis inertia
- Level AdjustAuto
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime
The Echo mobile trailer brake controller is truly a brake control for the modern age. It plugs into your vehicle and wirelessly connects to your smartphone, allowing you to control and monitor all trailer brake activity right from your own device. It comes with a customizable app for Apple or Android phones, a portable design to easily switch between vehicle-trailer combinations and a durable, weather-resistant construction.
Most things in this day and age can be accessed or controlled from a smartphone. With the Echo, that includes your trailer brakes. Echo is powered by a Bluetooth-enabled system that connects right to your smartphone. Your phone becomes the brake control monitoring unit in the cab of your vehicle. There is no need for extra modules, controls, buttons or knobs.
The Echo mobile trailer brake controller has one of the easiest installations in the industry. It simply plugs into the standard 7-way RV blade socket at the rear of your vehicle and provides a socket to plug in the trailer harness. It Ts into the connection, going between the vehicle and trailer plugs, and it is completely non-invasive. It also features automatic calibration to help eliminate setup requirements.
The Echo trailer brake controller comes with a custom-designed app that can be downloaded for iOS or Android OS phones. With this app, the wireless brake control is able to connect to your smartphone and display brake control settings and activity. It also sends you status updates and allows you to receive incoming calls while the app is running.
With its compact design and simple, plug-and-play installation, the Echo is extremely portable. You can easily transfer it between vehicles and use it with multiple trailers, as long as the vehicle and trailer have a 7-way RV blade connector. The Echo Smart Control app allows you to store multiple vehicle-trailer profiles, making ideal for commercial fleets.
Because the Echo mobile trailer brake controller is made to be outside the vehicle, we engineered it for maximum weather resistance. It is constructed with a potted enclosure, meaning the inside of the unit is filled with an epoxy resin that seals off the internal components from moisture and the elements. This ensures long-lasting operation in spite of rain, snow, dirt, mud and more. The Echo also has a locking tab for connecting to the 7-way RV blade vehicle socket. This tab helps maintain a strong connection.
The Echo mobile brake controller operates using a triple-axis motion-sensing accelerometer -- an integrated circuit that produces smooth, safe stops every time. It is compatible with two to four trailer brakes (one to two axles) and can be used with low-voltage or PWM wiring systems. Echo is also compatible with cruise control and ABS brakes and has built-in reverse-polarity protection and short-circuit protection. It is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
I was hesitant but after visiting my local hitch dealer, it has been the best purchase I’ve made in a few years. Didn’t have to mess with any wiring underneath the dashboard. Love it, highly recommend!!
I was skeptical at first, but glad I tried it. Downloaded the app and was set up in abou ten minutes. (That includes open the package and reading the instructions). Took it for a test drive and it works as good as the built in unit I have in my other truck. I would recommend for anyone that does not want to drill homes in the dash of their new truck or has multiple tow vehicles and trailers
This brake controller is great and the App is state of the art. Glad I made the decision to purchase