2" Front Receiver Hitch, Select Jeep Wrangler TJ, YJ #31408
- Rated to 3,500 lbs. gross trailer weight and 350 lbs. tongue weight
- Compatible with a tow hook or shackle mount (9,000 lbs. straight-line pull)
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Provides a convenient mount for hitch accessories
- Ideal for attaching a snow plow, cargo carrier or other front hitch mount
- Allows for easy maneuvering of a trailer into a tight spot
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Protected by a durable black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid A-coat, inside and out
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Made in USA (may include imported hardware)
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer's stated capacities
- Includes all necessary installation hardware
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Tongue Weight (TW)350 LB
- FinishGLOSS BLACK POWDER COAT
- Weight Carrying Capacity (WC)3,500 LB
- Drilling RequiredNo
- Installation DifficultyEasy
- Shipping Weight32.000
- Installation Time Exact30
- MaterialCarbon Steel
- Product Weight25.000
- Part TypeFront Mount Hitch
- Receiver Tube Size2 IN
Increasing the functionality of truck, Jeep, van or SUV as a work machine or recreational vehicle is all too easy with a CURT front mount hitch. A front receiver hitch equips your vehicle with an industry-standard receiver tube opening, enabling you to add cargo space, mount a winch, launch a boat with ease, plow snow and much more. Whatever your working conditions or lifestyle, CURT front mount hitches maximize your vehicle's towing potential.
Like our rear mount trailer hitches, CURT front tow hitches are made from quality American steel, right here in the USA. They are designed, manufactured, finished and tested for the utmost quality. Each one is also made vehicle-specific, meaning the shape of frame, the position of the brackets and the placement of the mounting holes are all optimized to seamlessly integrate with the vehicle's design features. This ensures the best possible fit, maximum towing strength and the easiest possible installation.
This particular custom front trailer hitch is designed for vehicle-specific application on select years of the Jeep Wrangler YJ and TJ (see application information to ensure proper fitment with the year, make, model and style of your vehicle). It comes with all necessary mounting hardware for a complete installation.
This Jeep Wrangler front trailer hitch receiver is fully tested and rated to provide a weight carrying capacity of 3,500 pounds gross trailer weight and 350 pounds tongue weight. It is tested according to SAE J684 for dependable safety for you and your crew. CURT front hitches are also rated for a straight-line pull capacity of 9,000 pounds, making them an excellent tool for recovery towing and winch applications.
All front receiver hitches are equipped with an industry-standard 2" x 2" receiver tube opening, providing a solid, versatile mount for a variety of towing accessories. The 2" hitch receiver is welded with a steel collar for added strength, and it has an open back for easy cleaning as needed. When not in use, the front receiver readily accepts a hitch tube cover, keeping it well-protected from water, dirt and debris.
A front trailer hitch is perfect for mounting a cargo carrier or even a bike rack for adding extra storage space to your vehicle without eliminating the option of towing a trailer. With a front receiver hitch, you can tow a camper, boat trailer, utility trailer or others with your rear mount hitch, and maximize cargo space with a cargo carrier or bike rack in the front.
One of the most popular applications of a front hitch is mounting a snow plow. A receiver hitch snow plow can easily and securely be attached to the standard 2" receiver tube, turning your truck into a highly functional winter vehicle.
Front hitches are also great for attaching a number of additional towing accessories to your vehicle. We offer a winch mount for installing an electric winch, a hitch step for easier access under the hood on larger vehicles, a skid plate to add protection on the front end of the vehicle, a spare tire mount with multiple holes for easy adjustment and a license plate holder for license plate relocation. These accessories all feature a standard 2" shank and can be used on a rear mount trailer hitch as well.
A front tow hitch provides enhanced control at the boat landing or when parking a trailer. The 2" receiver tube can be used to attach a ball mount and hitch up a trailer. The trailer can then be pushed by the vehicle for more direct control when launching your boat or when parking a trailer into a tight spot. For recovery towing applications, the front receiver hitch can accept a tow hook, allowing for straight-line pull capabilities on or off the road.
Like all CURT custom hitches, this Jeep Wrangler hitch is designed, fabricated, welded, finished and tested in the USA. It has a unique co-cured finish of liquid A-coat and black powder coat, protecting the hitch inside and out from rust, chipping and UV damage. This highly durable finish allows the hitch to perform season after season as a functional extension of your vehicle.