BetterWeigh Mobile Towing Scale with TowSense Technology (OBD-II) #51701
- Measures real-time vehicle-trailer weights for safer, easier towing and hauling
- Bluetooth connection provides active readouts on the driver's smartphone
- No-install, plug-and-play setup into vehicle diagnostic port (OBD-II) below the dash
- Weighs vehicle, trailer, cargo, tongue and pin weight and weight distribution
- Accurate within + / - 5%
- Offers easy brake controller setup by measuring exact trailer brake gain needed
- Wireless, compact, portable design
- Downloadable app available for Apple iOS and Android OS
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Functionality on manual transmission vehicles limited to payload, tongue weight, pin weight and weight distribution
- Vehicles with auto-leveling suspension will have limited functionality
- Not intended for weight certification
- BetterWeigh™ Mobile Towing Scale Smartphone Ready
- How to Calibrate BetterWeigh™ Mobile Towing Scale
- How to Set Trailer Brake Gain | BetterWeigh™ Mobile Towing Scale
- How to Set Up Weight Distribution | BetterWeigh™ Mobile Towing Scale
- Payload Calculator | BetterWeigh™ Mobile Towing Scale
- Pin Weight Scale | BetterWeigh™ Mobile Towing Scale
- Tongue Weight Scale | BetterWeigh™ Mobile Towing Scale
- Side Application Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- Shipping Weight0.500
- Mount Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- Product Weight0.100
- FinishBLACK PLASTIC
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime
BetterWeigh™ wirelessly links to your smartphone to display real-time vehicle and trailer weights. It easily plugs into any standard vehicle diagnostic port (OBD-II) under the steering wheel, and uses Bluetooth to connect to your Apple or Android phone. It then sends a live readout of all weights related to towing and hauling, including the gross weight of your vehicle and trailer, cargo, payload, tongue weight, pin weight and weight distribution. This streamlines the towing setup process for any vehicle-trailer combination and promotes maximum safety on the road. The compact, portable design also allows for easy transfer from one vehicle to another.
It apparently does not work with Android Tablets. I was able to load the app on my iPhone, but the Google Play Store said the app is not compatible with my Android tablet (Android Ver 9).
Being that this is a residential construction company, we only have so much use for the product. I can see this being very useful to a company that does not have the luxury of having their loads weighed. The tow scale did tell us that one of our pieces of equipment was more than what we should be pulling with that truck. One issue is the unit seems to read very different numbers when its cold out. Regardless, the product is quite useful and the technology is quite remarkable.
All in all this is a great product. Has been really fun to know how much everything weighs. The process of figuring out how much each thing weighs, is a bit time consuming. But it was cool to see how it all works. Thanks
I had the chance to use my BetterWeight system on two trips thus far pulling our Airstream. The system is super easy to set up and provides Important information like, Total weight, Tongue weight, Payload and Weight Distribution. All this info help make sure your set up is within limits and safe for the Road. The BetterWeight will not replace the Cat Scales but it’s a great way to confirm you are within your setup each and every trip with out a pass through the Scales. I was able to play with the Payload section and it was accurate enough to pick up the weight of a 30lb Propane tank when placed in the bed of the truck. In my book that pretty accurate!