Pin-Style Trunnion Bar Weight Distribution Hitch (8K - 10K lbs., 30-1/2" Bars) #17342
- Levels tow vehicle and trailer by distributing a portion of the tongue weight
- Pin-style spring bars for highly secure attachment and improved durability
- Tilt adjustment feature simplifies setup and installation
- Equipped with trunnion-style, forged steel spring bars
- Heavy-duty, cast head can be adjusted for precise leveling
- Features built-in sway control attachment tabs
- 2" shank can be flipped to provide necessary drop or rise
- Snap-up brackets and lift handle allow for easy leveraging of spring bars
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Includes a 2" x 2" adjustable WD shank, spring bars, adjustable head, hookup brackets, spring bar chains, U-bolts and a pin & clip (trailer ball not included)
- Mount Type DescriptionBlank
- Shipping Weight88.000
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Part TypeTrunnion Bar Weight Distribution Hitch
- Product Weight0.000
- Side Application Type DescriptionBlank
- Gross Trailer Weight(GTW)10,000 LB
- Tongue Weight(TW)1,000 LB
- FinishCARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
Full-size travel trailer or popup camper -- no matter what RV you're towing this weekend, getting to that destination safe and sound starts with the right hitch connection. CURT pin-style trunnion bar weight distribution hitches feature a highly secure leveling system and heavy-duty construction to let you Bring It with confidence.
The advantage of CURT pin-style WD hitches lies in the spring bar attachment method. Instead of using tabs or clips, this specialized hitch uses cast steel receiver brackets and wire-lock lynch pins to provide a sturdy connection point for the spring bars. The receiver brackets then mount onto the hitch head using thick receiver pins. This ensures a solid attachment and reduced wear for improved durability. The heavy-duty cast steel head provides a solid foundation and the trunnion-style spring bars are made from forged steel for optimum strength and tension on the load.
The CURT pin-style trunnion weight distribution hitch is designed to be highly adjustable to accommodate a variety of trailers and loads. With its adjustable shank, it mounts into any 2" x 2" receiver tube opening, making it an excellent companion for most class 3, class 4 and class 5 trailer hitches. For CURT Commercial Duty hitches and other class 5 hitches with a 2-1/2" receiver tube, the pin-style WD head is compatible with our replacement shank options. This hitch also uses snap-up hookup brackets and spring bar chains to allow for precise leveling.
This particular pin-style trunnion bar weight distribution hitch offers a towing capacity of 8,000 to 10,000 lbs. GTW and 800 to 1,000 lbs. TW. It also features a special head tilt adjustment feature for easy setup and fine tuning. To ensure longevity, even in the face of the harshest elements, it comes with a durable black carbide powder coat finish, giving you peace of mind for whatever you meet along the way.
I use this hitch to tow my 24 foot car hauler. It was easy to set up and install. It works well.