2" Trailer Ball (1" x 2-1/4" Shank, 12,000 lbs., Chrome) #40038
- Fits 2" couplers and accepts up to 12,000 lbs. GTW
- Constructed from high-strength, hot-forged steel
- Heat-treated for optimum wear resistance
- Protected by a durable chrome-plated finish
- Zinc-plated hex nut and helical lock washer for secure mounting
- Features fine threads for superior holding strength
- Tested for safety to meet U.S. VESC V-5 specifications
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- The mounting platform must be at least 3/8" thick, and the hole size must not be more than 1/16" larger in diameter than the threaded shank
Guides & Install Sheets
- Part Type2" Trailer Ball
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Shipping Weight2.300
- Ball Capacity12,000 LBS
- Ball Diameter2 IN
- Shank Diameter1
- Shank Length2 1/4 IN
- Shank Rise0 IN
- Torque250 FT LB
Out of the monotony comes one name that rises above all others. CURT trailer balls are designed for strength, ease of use and, ultimately, to get you to your destination without hassle. CURT 2" trailer hitch balls are constructed from quality steel and are made with precision to fit your 2" trailer coupler like a hand in a glove. They are able to tow most standard-duty and heavy-duty trailers such as utility trailers, boat trailers, campers, livestock trailers and recreational vehicle trailers for hauling ATVs, snowmobiles, personal watercraft and more. These tow balls are an excellent extension of your class 3 or class 4 trailer hitch and ball mount, and are the ideal choice for most pickup trucks and SUVs (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc).
This particular 2" trailer ball offers a ball capacity of 12,000 lbs. It features a 1" shank diameter, a 2-1/4" shank length, 0" of rise and a nickel-chrome finish to protect against rust and scratches. With its fine-threaded shank, this 2" trailer ball also offers an added measure of holding strength and provides smooth installation and torqueing. To give you peace of mind while towing to that next destination, we also carefully test our trailer balls and ensure that each one meets U.S. VESC specifications.
My trailer hitch and ball mount were only rated at 5k lbs. This ball is rated more than twice that capacity (12k). If you need the extra strength, this may be the ball you're looking for.