Multi-Function Taillight Converter Kit #59236
- Converts 2-wire, 3-wire or PWM ST system to 2-wire trailer light wiring
- Potted enclosure significantly increases water and vibration resistance
- 4-way flat output connects tail lights, brake lights and turn signals
- Constructed with SMT circuitry for better performance and durability
- Microcontroller senses current to rapidly react to overload
- Provides improved overload, short-circuit and thermal protection
- Low-voltage operation allows function down to seven volts
- Color-coded wires with wiring guide for easier installation
- Included wiring kit allows for a convenient connection to the vehicle battery
- Snap locks included for fast, secure splicing
- Dust cover included to keep connector clean when not in use
- Made in USA
- Includes CURT powered converter wiring kit #55152
- WarrantyOne-Year Limited Warranty
- Shipping Weight1.840
- Part TypeMulti-Function Taillight Converter
- Output Type4-way flat
Rain, road grime and salt can deal a vicious blow to your trailer wiring, and it takes electrical components with an extra-thick shell to stand up to the elements. The CURT multi-function electrical converter is an advanced taillight converter that offers the ultimate in vehicle compatibility and weather resistance, giving you a reliable wiring connection any season of the year.
The advantage of the multi-function converter is its made-in-USA potted construction. The potted design seals the internal electrical components in a watertight enclosure and is filled with a solid compound to protect against impacts, vibrations and moisture for long-lasting use, even on the exterior of the vehicle. The converter also features our advanced surface mount technology (SMT), using smaller components mounted directly to the surface of the circuit board. This produces lower resistance, reduced heat generation, longer life cycles and higher reliability.
The CURT multi-function electrical converter comes with pigtail wires that are able to be spliced into two-wire, three-wire or PWM wiring system with combined stop and taillights. It converts any of these systems to a simple two-wire system, using a standard 4-way flat output, to be compatible with most trailer wiring. The converter is controlled using a microprocessor that is able to sense the current passing through it, allowing for quick reaction to dangerous conditions such as overload and short circuits. It also filters unwanted input signals to protect your wiring systems and uses a mere seven volts for low-voltage operation.
The CURT multi-function taillight converter is a heavy-duty electrical converter for virtually any vehicle-trailer combination. It comes with color-coded wires and an easy-to-read wiring guide, as well as a dust cover to protect the 4-way flat connector. This package includes a powered converter wiring kit #55152 and four snap locks for faster, more secure splicing.
Although this kit is designated for specific vehicles, I've been using it for EACH and EVERY vehicle I installed a wiring kit for. It never failed me, and has always been perfect.
I think the main reasons for such success are:
1. it has a high amp output (7.5)
3. very sensitive to power input, without interrupting vehichle's computer
4. no way for a short circuit even when external plug gets naked for any reason... the overload/short fail season kicks in to avoid issues.