SecureLatch Pintle Hook (30,000 lbs, 2-1/2" or 3" Lunette) #48505
- Auto-locking system secures primary latch without manual coupling required
- Cupped hook tightly holds lunette ring fore and aft to reduce chucking and noise
- Built-in back plate helps position lunette ring for easier hookup
- Fits SecureLatch pintle mounts with slotted plate (sold separately)
- Quick, easy, one-tool height adjustments -- no disassembly required
- Torqued bolt plates provide 48,000 lbs. total clamp load for secure connection
- Integrated, intermediate safety chain hangers keep chains off the ground
- Rated for 30,000 lbs. gross trailer weight and 6,000 lbs. vertical load
- Couples to lunette rings with a 2-1/2" or 3" inside diameter
- Cast iron construction is austempered for superior strength and wear resistance
- Battleship grey finish for excellent exterior durability
- Bright gold zinc-plated hardware for long-lasting corrosion resistance
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- SecureLatch pintle mount required for installation (sold separately)
- Safety pin must be installed before towing
- U.S. patent# 9,789,742; Canadian patent# 2,836,683, 3,040,259 and 3,044,875; Australian patent# 2014366795; European patent# 14871983.4
- MaterialCarbon Steel
- Side Application Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- FinishBATTLESHIP GREY FINISH
- Shipping Weight11.400
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Mount Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- Product Weight10.500
- Vertical Load Capacity6,000 LBS
- Gross Trailer Weight(GTW)30,000 LBS
SecureLatch makes hooking up your trailer as easy as Strike. Drop. Auto-lock! Integrated into this SecureLatch pintle hook is an automatic locking mechanism that secures the primary latch without any manual coupling required. Simply back your vehicle up to the lunette ring -- the built-in striker plate helps stop and center the lunette ring. Drop the ring down onto the hook and let the auto-locking latch do the rest! Just install the secondary safety pin.
This SecureLatch pintle hook is also unique from other pintle hitches with its cupped design. Instead of letting the ring slop with every acceleration, brake and bump, the cupped hook holds the ring tighter fore and aft. This results in smoother, quieter heavy-duty towing.
SecureLatch pintle hitches are fast and easy to adjust, featuring a unique slotted plate mount (sold separately). Simply loosen two bolt plates and adjust the height of the hook as needed. This ensures level towing of your trailer with only one tool needed.
This SecureLatch pintle hook is rated for 30,000 pounds gross trailer weight and couples to lunette rings with a 2-1/2-inch or 3-inch inside diameter. It is constructed from cast iron that is austempered for superior strength and resistance to wear. To protect this hook from the elements, it is covered in a battleship grey finish.