SecureLatch Receiver-Mount Pintle Hook (2" Shank, 14K, 2-1/2" or 3" Lunette) #48405
- Auto-locking system secures primary latch without manual coupling required
- Cupped hook tightly holds lunette ring fore and aft to reduce chucking and noise
- Built-in back plate helps position lunette ring for easier hookup
- Integrated, intermediate safety chain hangers keep chains off the ground
- Tested and rated for 14,000 lbs. gross trailer weight
- Fits trailer hitches with a 2" x 2" receiver tube opening
- Couples to lunette rings with 2-1/2" or 3" inside diameter
- Cast iron construction is austempered for superior strength and wear resistance
- Textured, dark grey teridium finish for a premium look on your vehicle
- Bright gold zinc-plated hardware for long-lasting corrosion resistance
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Safety pin must be installed before towing
Guides & Install Sheets
- Side Application Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- Shipping Weight20.000
- Mount Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- Product Weight20.000
- Gross Trailer Weight(GTW)14,000 LBS
- Receiver Tube Size2 IN
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
SecureLatch™ makes coupling as easy as Strike. Drop. Auto-lock! Integrated into this SecureLatch™ pintle hook is an automatic locking mechanism that secures the primary latch without any manual coupling required. Simply back your vehicle up to the lunette ring -- the built-in striker plate helps stop and center the ring over the hook. Drop the ring down onto the hook and let the auto-locking latch do the rest! Just install the secondary safety pin.
This SecureLatch™ pintle hook is also unique from other pintle hitches with its cupped design. Instead of letting the ring slop with every acceleration, brake and bump, the cupped hook holds the ring tighter fore and aft. This results in smoother, quieter heavy-duty towing.
This SecureLatch™ pintle hook is rated for 14,000 pounds gross trailer weight and couples to lunette rings with a 2-1/2-inch or 3-inch inside diameter. It fits into any industry-standard 2-inch receiver. It is constructed from cast iron that is austempered for superior strength and resistance to wear. To protect this hook from the elements, it is covered in a premium dark grey teridium powder coat finish.