Receiver-Mount Ball & Pintle Combo (2" Shank, 2-5/16" Ball, 12,000 lbs.) #48006
- Fits trailer hitches with a 2" x 2" receiver tube opening
- Couples to 2-5/16" couplers or lunette eyes with a 2-1/2" or 3" inside diameter
- Spring-loaded locking arm for secure coupling
- Constructed from solid, forged steel for superior strength
- Protected by a durable powder coat finish
- Changeable trailer ball features a hard chrome finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Includes 2-5/16" pintle ball and safety pin with cable
- Mount Type DescriptionBlank
- Shipping Weight24.000
- Product Weight0.000
- Side Application Type DescriptionBlank
- FinishCARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Part TypeReceiver-Mount Ball & Pintle Combination
- Pintle Capacity16,000 LB
- Ball Capacity12000
- Ball Diameter2.3125
- Overall Length15 1/4 IN
In agriculture, construction and even military applications, pintle hitches are the trusted product of specialized towing. They are notorious for their high weight capacity and simple design. The basic pintle hitch is essentially a hook and loop, with the hook attached to the vehicle and the loop mounted on the trailer. Because of their simple design, pintle hitches are able to have thicker metal construction and more secure coupling. CURT combination ball and pintle hitches combine both a pintle hook and a standard trailer ball to give you a more complete towing option on your heavy-duty truck or SUV.
This particular receiver-mount ball and pintle hook is designed to insert into any 2" x 2" receiver tube. With a trailer ball capacity of 12,000 lbs. and a pintle capacity of 16,000 lbs., it offers a solid complement to most class 4 and class 5 trailer hitches (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc). The pintle hook fits any lunette ring with a 2-1/2" or 3" inside eye diameter, while the trailer ball can be coupled to any 2-5/16" coupler.
The heavy-duty towing done with pintle hitches brings with it a certain amount of wear and tear on your towing equipment, and to prepare for this, CURT uses a quality finish on all of our pintle mounts, lunette eyes and combination pintle hitches. This hitch-mounted ball and pintle combo is coated in a black powder coat finish with a chrome plating on the trailer ball, providing the perfect amount of rust and scratch resistance needed to face the heavy-duty towing you do every day.