Tray-Style Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack (2 Bikes, 1-1/4" or 2" Shank) #18085
- Tray-style cradles provide three points of contact to keep bikes fully secure
- Ratcheting arms lock down onto the frames and will not loosen during travel
- Key-operated ratchets also deter theft while the vehicle is left unattended
- Highly adjustable cradles easily accommodate various bike sizes and styles
- Padded arms protect the bike frames from nicks and scratches
- Tray-style design allows for easy loading and unloading of bikes
- Adapter sleeve allows mounting on either 1-1/4" or 2" receiver tube
- Securely holds up to two bikes with a max weight capacity of 90 lbs.
- Threaded anti-wobble shank prevents bikes from swaying during travel
- Tilts away for convenient rear vehicle access
- Sides fold up when not in use for compact storage
- Protected by a durable black powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Use of a support strap is required with 1-1/4" receiver tubes
- Do not install on a trailer or other towed vehicle
Guides & Install Sheets
- Shipping Weight46.000
- Max Load90 LB
- Product Weight46.000
- Number of Bikes2
- FinishCARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
- Receiver Tube Size1.25 or 2
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Part Type*
From family camping trips to solo weekend getaways, taking your bikes along for the adventure is easy when you Bring It® with CURT!
The CURT tray-style bike rack is a convenient and highly secure way of transporting your bicycles to that next destination. Its secret is a three-point mounting system. With two bottom, tray-style cradles and a ratcheting vertical arm, the bike rack holds each bike frame at three points, keeping it locked in place over hills, bumps and whatever else the road has in store. The ratcheting arm also features an integrated lock to keep your bikes even more secure and well protected from theft.
The cradles of the tray-style bike rack are all designed to be fully adjustable to accept a variety of bike types -- everything from adult road bikes to kids' mountain bikes. The tray-style arms can also be replaced with our fat-tire cradles #18091 to accept bikes with tires up to 4-7/8" wide.
Another advantage of the tray-style system is that it makes loading and unloading the bikes very easy. To load, simply set the bike tires into the horizontal, tray-style cradles. Then, lower the vertical, ratcheting arm down onto the center crossbar of the frame. With the arm's lockable design, each bike stays fully secure until you're ready to unload.
CURT tray-style bike racks feature a hitch-mounted design for maximum convenience. They quickly and securely mount onto your vehicle whenever needed, using your vehicle's trailer hitch receiver tube. This particular bike rack features a standard 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" shank, and it comes with an adapter to also fit any 2" x 2" receiver tube (NOTE: Never install bike rack on a trailer or other towed vehicle). The shank is also equipped with a threaded hole to offer an anti-rattle feature. This keeps the bike rack locked into the receiver tube and helps prevent obnoxious rattling and wobbling during travel.
To give the CURT tray-style bike rack a staunch defense against the elements, it is covered in a durable black powder coat finish. This provides excellent rust and scratch resistance. This two-bike model features a weight capacity of 90 lbs., and it comes with two keys to operate the lockable ratcheting arms.