Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack (2 Bikes, 1-1/4" or 2" Shank) #18029
- Adapter sleeve allows mounting on either 1-1/4" or 2" receiver tube
- Securely holds up to two bikes with a max weight capacity of 90 lbs.
- Adjustable rubber cradles will not scratch bike frames
- Tilts away for convenient rear vehicle access
- Arms fold down when not in use for compact storage
- Threaded anti-wobble shank helps prevent bikes from swaying during travel
- Bolt-together post can be disconnected for compact storage
- Protected by a durable black powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Use of a support strap is required with 1-1/4" receiver tubes
- Do not install on a trailer or other towed vehicle
- Shipping Weight35.000
- Part TypeHitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Number of Bikes2
- Max Load90 LB
- Receiver Tube Size1-1/4 IN or 2 IN
- FinishCARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
- Quantity Per Package1
Whether you are an avid mountain biker or a casual rider, you will want CURT along for the ride. CURT bike racks offer both versatility and quality and are available in several different styles to fit your needs.
CURT standard hitch-mounted bike racks are anything but average. They feature an adjustable shank to fit either a 1-1/4" or 2" receiver and allow use on most trailer hitch classes. Our standard bike racks also come with several useful features, including an anti-wobble shank to reduce noise and keep bikes more secure, and a compact design for easy storage. They feature adjustable arms to accommodate various bike heights and styles, and the arms can be folded down, when not in use, to remain out of the way. The tilt-down design built into our standard bike racks allows you easier access to the rear of your vehicle whenever necessary.
This particular CURT standard bike rack is able to hold up to two bikes and features a maximum load limit of 90 lbs. To protect it against the elements and the trail ahead, this bike rack comes with a durable black powder coat finish.
was concerned about the wobble a bit too first time I used it, but the adapter sleave just has to be set up correctly in the 2" receiver tube and it fits tight.
This bike rack was highly recommended to us. But after we assembled it, it is not firmly in place on the trailer hitch. There is a lot of wiggle room. You can move it to the right or left just by touching the rack. We are very uneasy about trying to take our bikes on this rack. So far, we are not impressed. We expected the shank to be firmly in place.