Weight Distribution Shank (2-1/2" Shank, 8" Drop) #17132
- Provides an adjustable mount for any CURT weight distribution hitch
- Features multiple holes for adjustable head height
- 3/4" diameter holes are spaced 1-1/4" from center to center
- Fits 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" hitch receiver tube opening with 5/8" hitch pin hole
- Constructed from solid steel for reliable strength
- Protected by a highly durable carbide black powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Includes shank only (weight distribution hitch sold separately)
- Limited to spring bar capacity
- Receiver Tube Size2.5 x 2.5
- Shipping Weight31.670
- FinishCARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Drop8 IN
A CURT weight distribution hitch gives you stable, controlled towing for your vehicle and trailer by redistributing the weight at the coupling point and leveling the entire vehicle-trailer combination. All weight distribution hitches use an adjustable shank to mount onto the receiver hitch on your vehicle, giving you the ability to find the exact height needed for each trailer load.
This CURT replacement weight distribution shank is compatible with all CURT weight distribution hitches. It can be used to replace a damaged shank or to give your WD hitch greater flexibility in vertical adjustment. It features a standard 2-1/2" shank, multiple mounting options and a high-strength construction that is fully tested for tough jobs and harsh conditions.
The 2-1/2" horizontal shank is designed to fit any 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" trailer hitch receiver. This makes it the perfect choice for a CURT Commercial Duty class 5 hitch or other heavy-duty hitches with 2-1/2" receivers. The shank features rounded edges for easier insertion into the receiver tube, and it has a 5/8" diameter hole to accept a hitch pin or hitch lock for secure mounting in the receiver.
This particular weight distribution shank is 14-1/2" high by 12-1/2" long, measured from the outermost holes center-to-center. Each hole in the vertical shank has a 3/4" diameter, and they are spaced 1-1/4" apart for a wide range of incremental adjustment of the WD head. With an overall height of 14-1/2", this WD shank provides a maximum drop of 8" (not rated for use in rise position).
CURT trailer hitches are engineered for tough jobs and exposure to harsh conditions. As such, this WD replacement shank is built to last. It features solid steel construction for maximum strength, and it is stringently tested for safety. It is compatible with all CURT weight distribution hitches and is limited in capacity to the spring bar weight capacity of the WD hitch.
To finish off this replacement weight distribution hitch shank, we cover it in a highly durable carbide black powder coat finish, giving it long-lasting protection against rain, road salt and rust.