Xtra Duty Class 5 Trailer Hitch with 2" Receiver #15307
- Rated to 16,000 lbs. gross trailer weight and 2,000 lbs. tongue weight
- Compatible with weight distribution hitch (17,000 lbs. WD / 2,000 lbs. WDTW)
- Engineered with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Constructed with a large, powerful main body
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Bonderite coating
- Features wide safety chain openings for heavy-duty hooks
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Made in USA (may include imported hardware)
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer's stated capacities
- Includes strong, grade-8 installation hardware
- Side Application Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- Shipping Weight80.000
- Weight Carrying Capacity(WC)16,000 LB
- Weight Distribution Tongue Weight(WDTW)2,000 LB
- Tongue Weight(TW)2,000 LB
- Mount Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- Product Weight62.000
- Weight Distribution(WD)17,000 LB
- MaterialCarbon Steel
- FinishCARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
- Main BodySquare
- Receiver Tube Size2 IN
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
Hauling heavy-duty equipment to that next big job? Towing your yacht out to the lake for another weekend on the water? Bringing some livestock home to the farm from the county auction? Whatever towing hurdle you need to overcome, make it look easy with CURT.
CURT Xtra Duty class 5 trailer hitches go above and beyond in design, capacity and longevity to provide you with a dependable extension of your truck. These heavy-duty hitches are engineered to withstand the rigors of towing the largest of non-commercial trailers, matching the strength and dependability of full-size pickup trucks, vans and SUVs.
Each class 5 hitch is made for a vehicle-specific fit to ensure seamless integration and maximum towing power. This particular custom class 5 hitch is designed to mount onto certain years of the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 or GMC Sierra 1500 (check the application information to verify that this hitch will fit your specific year, make, model and style). A vehicle-specific design also provides the easiest possible installation, reducing or completely eliminating drilling and modifications. This hitch comes with high-strength grade-8 hardware for a solid mount.
This class 5 Chevrolet / GMC hitch is built with an extra-large main body. The hitch is constructed from high-strength steel, and the center section is made extra-large to achieve the necessary towing capacity for tough jobs. This particular hitch is tested and rated for 16,000 pounds gross trailer weight and 2,000 pounds tongue weight. It can also be used with a weight distribution hitch and is rated to 17,000 lbs. WD and 2,000 lbs. WDTW. This makes it the ideal choice for all varieties of heavy-duty trailers -- from full-size utility trailers and equipment haulers to horse trailers and yacht trailers (never exceed the lowest-rated towing component).
All CURT Xtra Duty class 5 hitches come with an industry-standard 2" x 2" receiver tube opening. This provides a versatile mount for a variety of heavy-duty ball mounts, pintle hitches, weight distribution hitches and other towing accessories. It can also readily accept a cargo carrier or bike rack for extra storage space. The 2" hitch receiver is equipped with a steel collar for added strength, and the back of the receiver is open to allow for easy clean-out of dirt and debris. To keep the receiver hitch clean, a hitch tube cover can be installed when not use, helping to protect it against grime and corrosion.
To give you confidence for the road ahead and ensure the safety of you and your loved ones, every CURT custom tow hitch design is thoroughly tested according to SAE J684. We test our hitches at our in-house testing facility in Detroit, MI, using real vehicles and multifaceted testing to simulate real towing conditions. All of our class 5 hitches are constructed with large safety chain loops to accept heavy-duty hooks and safety chains.
Like all CURT custom tow hitches, our Xtra Duty class 5 hitches are made right here in the USA (may include imported hardware). We engineer each one using real vehicles to ensure a truly custom fit for each application. We fabricate and weld every trailer hitch using a combination of robotic and manual processes for absolute accuracy and efficiency.
Finally, all of our custom trailer hitches undergo an industry-leading finishing process for unparalleled rust, chip and UV protection. First the hitches are chemically and mechanically descaled for a smooth surface. Then, they are immersed in a liquid Bonderite® coating that covers the tow hitch inside and out with an initial rust-resistant layer. Next, a highly durable carbide black powder coat finish is applied over the Bonderite®. At last, the two finishes are cured together, forming a superior shield against scuffs, scratches and the elements.
CURT custom-fit trailer hitches are built for long-lasting dependability. Each one is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
|2019||Chevrolet||Silverado 1500||With Factory Receiver||75|
|2019||GMC||Sierra 1500||With Factory Receiver||75|
|2020||Chevrolet||Silverado 1500||With Factory Receiver||75|
|2020||GMC||Sierra 1500||With Factory Receiver||75|