7' Custom Wiring Harness Extension (Adds 7-Way RV Blade to Truck Bed) #56071
- Routes a 7-way RV blade socket into truck bed while retaining use of rear socket
- Simple plug-and-play design eliminates the need for cutting or splicing
- Allows for easy connection of 5th wheel or gooseneck wiring
- 7-way connects tail, brake, reverse, turn signals, brakes and auxiliary power
- 7' extension with right-angle plug for easy installation
- Spring-loaded dust cover keeps connector clean when not in use
- Slit loom keeps wires contained and well protected
- Requires 2-1/8" hole saw for installation
- Part Type*
- Brake Control Package TypePackaged
- WarrantyOne-Year Limited Warranty
- Shipping Weight2.250
There is nothing like the luxury and power that go along with heavy-duty towing. 5th wheel RVs offer a deluxe, home-away-from-home experience unlike any other, while gooseneck trailers possess a strength that far surpasses most other trailer options. As with any trailer, however, 5th wheels and goosenecks must be equipped with the proper lighting and electrical systems, and tend to require even more complex connectors than a standard receiver-type trailer setup. Make things simple with a CURT 5th wheel / gooseneck extension harness.
These wiring harnesses are designed to put an extra connector socket in the bed of your pickup truck while still retaining power to the rear connector socket mounted on your bumper. This is done by plugging into the back of the existing original equipment (OEM) harness and routing through the body of the truck to a hole in the truck bed, providing a connector that is ready to accommodate your 5th wheel or gooseneck trailer.
This CURT extension harness is designed to work with 7-way RV blade connectors and comes in a length of 7'. It is compatible with certain years of the Dodge Ram 2500 or 3500 with long or short bed, Dodge Ram full-size pickup with 6' or 8' bed or Dodge Dakota pickup (to verify your vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide at curtmfg.com). When you need a towing electrical solution that allows you to switch back and forth between your receiver hitch and specialized trailer hitch, CURT gets you plugged in.
Check your site out to ensure this was the correct setup. I am replacing my old one installed in 2002. You just need to recommend the trailer side end connector. I know my old one will not work. It is 18 wheeler box and connector.