Class 1 Trailer Hitch with 1-1/4" Receiver #11186
- Rated to 2,000 lbs. gross trailer weight and 200 lbs. tongue weight
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Bonderite coating
- Strengthened with a cast, welded, seamless collar
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Made in USA
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer's stated capacities
- Includes installation hardware
- Shipping Weight34.000
- Part TypeClass 1 Trailer Hitch
- Mount Type DescriptionBlank
- Side Application Type DescriptionBlank
- Main BodySquare
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Product Weight28.000
- Drilling RequiredNo
- FinishGLOSS BLACK POWDER COAT
- Weight Carrying Capacity(WC)2,000 LB
- Tongue Weight(TW)200 LB
- Weight Distribution Tongue Weight(WDTW)n/a
- Weight Distribution(WD)n/a
- Receiver Tube Size1.25
CURT class 1 trailer hitches are the lightest-duty hitches of our rear mount receiver lineup. They are engineered for reliability, welded together with quality American steel and blasted clean for a smooth finish. Tested to meet the strict demands of the industry, this CURT class 1 hitch has a capacity to tow up to 2,000 lbs. of gross trailer weight and 200 lbs. of tongue weight. This means it can handle a variety of small trailers such as single-axle utility trailers, canoe and kayak trailers, dirt bike trailers and more. It can also accept a hitch-mounted cargo carrier or bike rack, making it a very useful addition to cars with limited cargo space (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc).
Class 1 hitches feature a 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" receiver tube opening and are typically mounted on compact cars, full-size cars and some smaller crossover SUVs, minivans and compact SUVs. This particular hitch is designed to be a custom-fit trailer hitch for certain years of the Audi A4 sedan (to verify your vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide at curtmfg.com). It features a square tube frame and comes with a hitch pin and clip and all necessary installation hardware.
Each CURT class 1 hitch is co-cured with a liquid Bonderite coating and a high-gloss black powder coat finish that provide a lasting defense against rust, wear and harmful UV rays. Like all CURT receiver hitches, this class 1 hitch is made right here in the USA and is backed by a one-year finish warranty and a limited lifetime warranty.
I obtained this hitch for my 2011 Audi A4. The installation was done by myself and was easy to do. It was a bit tough only because I didn't have a long extension for my socket wrench. Other than that, I had to remove the 2 water plug from my trunk and cut a very small 2"x3" piece off the under/back side of my plastic bumper.
It is very solid and looks good. It doesn't stick out underneath as much as some other hitches you see out there.