Class 1 Trailer Hitch, 1-1/4" Receiver, Select Ford Escort, Mercury Tracer #11105
- Rated to 2,000 lbs. gross trailer weight and 200 lbs. tongue weight
- Engineered with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Concealed main body for OE look and seamless integration with the vehicle
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid A-coat, inside and out
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Made in USA (may include imported hardware)
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer's stated capacities
- Includes installation hardware
- Shipping Weight33.000
- Tongue Weight (TW)200 LB
- Product Weight27.000
- Drilling RequiredYes
- Part TypeClass 1 Trailer Hitch
- FinishGLOSS BLACK POWDER COAT
- MaterialCarbon Steel
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Main Body ShapeSquare
- Installation DifficultyEasy
- Weight Carrying Capacity (WC)2,000 LB
- Receiver Tube Size1-1/4 IN
Toting your mountain bikes to your new favorite trail? Taking the kayaks out for a quiet day on the water? Packing the car for another weekend camping trip? Don't leave anything behind; Bring It® with a CURT trailer hitch!
CURT class 1 trailer hitches are the perfect way to add extra storage space to your vehicle for all events, activities and adventures. For compact cars, sedans and crossovers, a class 1 hitch provides a functional rear receiver tube for attaching a hitch-mounted cargo carrier or bike rack or for towing a light-duty trailer. Class 1 receiver hitches make it easy to pack the things you want without having to cram the trunk or even the backseat full of cargo.
Like all CURT custom trailer hitches, each class 1 trailer hitch is designed to fit a specific vehicle application. A vehicle-specific design ensures the best possible fit with the simplest and most secure installation. This particular class 1 hitch offers a custom fit for certain years of the Ford Escort and Mercury Tracer (to verify vehicle compatibility, see the application information or use the Vehicle Lookup tool). The custom-fit design optimizes the installation to eliminate all unnecessary modifications, and it promotes an integrated look with the vehicle’s existing design features and layout.
This Ford / Mercury hitch is rated to tow up to 2,000 lbs. gross trailer weight and 200 lbs. tongue weight. This makes it an excellent choice for any cargo carrier or bike rack as well as a variety of lightweight trailers (never exceed the lowest-rated towing component). It features a 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" receiver tube to accept a ball mount or other trailer hitch accessories. The hitch receiver tube also has an open back to allow for easy cleaning as needed.
To ensure the safety of you and your passengers, as well as your fellow adventurers on the road, each CURT trailer hitch has been stringently tested in accordance with SAE J684. We maintain a dedicated Engineering facility near Detroit, MI -- the heart of the automotive industry -- to test all of our hitches to strictest safety standards. Our in-house testing technology allows for real-time, on-vehicle testing, placing our hitches under the same stresses present in actual towing conditions. This gives us the utmost confidence in each trailer hitch we make and provides you with a dependable tool to freely pursue your passions.
Every CURT custom trailer hitch receiver -- from class 1 to class 5 -- is manufactured right here in the USA to ensure quality from design to finish (may include imported hardware). Our hitches are engineered using real vehicles and a hands-on approach. We fabricate our hitches using a combination of robotic and manual welding for optimum precision and speed.
Finally, we finish each trailer hitch with a unique co-curing process. First, we immerse the hitch in a rust-resistant liquid A-coat to coat the entire piece inside and out. Then, a durable black powder coat is applied to seal out rain, dirt, road salt and other threats. Finally, these two coatings are co-cured together, creating an industry-leading rust, chip and UV-resistant finish.
To give you complete confidence mile after mile, all CURT tow hitches are backed by a limited lifetime warranty.