2-to-3-Wire Taillight Converter #56196
- Converts a 2-wire electrical system to 3-wire
- Intended for a vehicle being dinghy towed behind an RV or other vehicle
- Constructed with SMT circuitry for better performance and durability
- Color-coded wires for easier installation
- No heavy-duty flasher or direct battery connection required
- Part Type2-to-3-Wire Taillight Converter
- WarrantyOne-Year Limited Warranty
- Shipping Weight0.280
- Turn and Brake Circuits2.1 Amps Per Circuit
When your vehicle does not readily provide an electrical connection for hooking up your trailer, CURT electrical converts offer the solution. Working tail lights on your trailer are absolutely essential any time you tow, and a converter provides an effective way to properly equip your vehicle for safe towing.
A CURT electrical converter, much like our custom vehicle-to-trailer wiring harnesses, provides a trailer connector on your vehicle by splicing into the vehicle's electrical system. Electrical converters are designed to splice directly into the taillight wiring, rather than plugging into various sockets, giving them the nickname "taillight converters". Though it requires a little extra work compared to a custom wiring harness, a tail light converter offers a reliable, long-term connector solution.
This CURT electrical converter is designed to convert a 2-wire system to a 3-wire system.