Custom Wiring Connector (4-Way Flat Output) #55106
- Plugs into existing OEM vehicle socket to provide a 4-way flat socket
- Simple plug-and-play design eliminates the need for cutting or splicing
- 4-way flat output connects tail lights, brake lights and turn signals
- Equipped with a 3-wire to 2-wire electrical converter
- Constructed with SMT circuitry for better performance and durability
- Dust cover included to keep connector clean when not in use
- Backed by a limited one-year warranty
- Part TypeCustom Wiring Connector
- Shipping Weight0.744
- Product Weight0.744
- T-Connector LocationS3
- WarrantyOne-Year Limited Warranty
- Turn and Brake Circuits3.0 Amps
- Tail Light Circuits7.5 Amps
- Electrical System Type3W
- Output Type4-Way Flat
- Converter TypeCircuit Protected
A CURT custom wiring connector (sometimes called a T-connector) is a simple, plug-and-play electrical device that eliminates the need for cutting, splicing and soldering when installing vehicle-to-trailer wiring.
Most vehicles do not come ready to tow. Unless your vehicle has a towing package, it is probably not equipped with a trailer wiring connector. This is where CURT's custom wiring connectors come into play. A custom wiring connector uses a single original equipment plug to plug into a special socket provided by your vehicle. Though this option is not available on every vehicle, some automotive manufacturers design their vehicles to be easily equipped for towing by supplying a socket, integrated into the vehicle's electrical system, to readily accept a custom wiring connector. With a CURT custom wiring connector, there is no need to tap into the taillight assembly because a special socket is already provided.
This custom wiring connector provides a 4-way flat connector socket and comes with a circuit-protected converter. It is designed to be a custom wiring option for certain years of the Honda CRV (to verify your vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide at curtmfg.com). CURT custom wiring connectors are designed to be long-lasting and simple to install. They come with dust covers to keep your connector clean when not in use and feature a one-year limited warranty to give you peace of mind.
Excellent Product. Installation was a Snap, and Testing was simple. It's great that your design works without the need of an external ground wire . . . that's one less vulnerability point, and less time to install. As an electrical engineer I appreciate the quality of your product, and the reasonable price point it carries. Congratulations . . . please keep going in this direction.
Installed fine. Appears to work fine. But they need to note that the to remove the scuff panel (1st panel), push down on the button & the plastic rivet can easily be removed. And, there's no ground wire to connect to the car's grounding screw. I wonder if that will affect it's life. The UHaul and Reese versions have grounding wires and are a bit less expensive