Discovery Trailer Brake Controller #51120
- Increases brake power based on gain setting and sensitivity adjustment
- Operates 2-8 trailer brakes at a time (1-4 axles)
- No internal moving parts and no leveling required
- Digital display shows power adjustments in 0.1 increments
- Mounts anywhere in the vehicle, at any angle
- Features fully adjustable power and ramp time
- Compatible with low-volt, PWM, ABS, cruise control and electric over hydraulic
- Equipped with a quick plug for fast, easy installation
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Includes mounting hardware
- Part TypeBrake Control Unit
- Shipping Weight0.600
- Mount AnglesAny
- Level AdjustAuto
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime
It takes a lot of power to stop a moving trailer, especially when that trailer is hauling a heavy load. On RVs, flatbeds, livestock trailers and many other oversize haulers, manufacturers typically install trailer brakes to assist the tow vehicle in bringing such a massive amount of weight to a halt. But it takes more than a good set of brakes to make quick, efficient stops. It takes precision and the right amount of control.
Discovery™ is a time-based brake controller, meaning it applies increasing brake pressure the longer your foot is on the brake pedal. This pressure is based on the gain setting and sensitivity adjustment set by the user. Discovery™ has a digital display for easy monitoring and the ability to manage up to four axles at a time. It mounts at any angle, anywhere in your vehicle and comes with an automatic power level adjustment feature to ensure you can stay better focused on your driving and spend less time worry about your trailer brakes. It is also compatible with anti-lock brakes, cruise control and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
All CURT brake controls are designed to work with quick plugs so that they can readily plug into your vehicle's original equipment socket. They also include a mounting bracket and hardware for easy installation. A brake controller should be mounted somewhere on the dash of your vehicle, and we recommend putting it below the steering wheel, either on the right or left side of the steering column. This way the control will not block your view when driving, but it will remain accessible and visible when adjustment is needed.
My 1st one controller I bought from my Chevy dealership was defective. These things happen. I called customer support explained the symptoms and I promptly received a replacement which I reconnected and worked like a champ. Kudos to their customer service, not many companies like this anymore.
Very easy install except the extra wire on the truck confused us but otherwise very simple.