RockerBall Cushion Hitch with 2" Ball (2" Shank, 7,500 lbs., 3" Drop) #45143
- Dynamic trailer ball featuring ShockDrop technology
- Dampens jerking and jarring from bumps and potholes for smoother towing
- Cushioned isolators reduce rattling and vibration for a more comfortable ride
- Reduces shock loads to the vehicle during sudden braking or acceleration
- Minimizes stress on tow vehicle's suspension and brakes for extended longevity
- Fits trailer hitches with a 2" x 2" receiver tube opening
- Virtually maintenance-free with no airbag or bearings to service
- Grease zerk fitting provides easy lubrication
- 3" drop for precise trailer leveling
- Forged steel ball for dependable towing power
- Durable black powder coat finish (chrome plating on ball)
- Standard trailer ball diameter fits 2" couplers
- Rated for 7,500 lbs. GTW and 750 lbs. TW
- Tested for safety to meet SAE J684 specifications
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Includes 2" RockerBall #40047, ball mount #45050 and anti-rattle #22321
- Patent pending
- Weight capacity may change if trailer ball is removed
- Side Application Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- Shipping Weight13.000
- Shank Length2 IN
- Tongue Weight (TW)750 LB
- Mount Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- MaterialFORGED STEEL
- FinishBLACK POWDER COAT
- Drop3 IN
- Ball Diameter2 IN
- Shank Diameter2 IN
- Receiver Tube Size2 IN
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Ball Capacity7,500 LBS
The CURT RockerBall™ cushion hitch provides improved comfort and enhanced control while towing, featuring our unique ShockDrop™ technology. An integrated cushion isolator allows the hitch ball to turn the standard ball mount into a cushion hitch with anti-rattle capabilities.
The RockerBall™ ball mount kit is a shock-absorbing hitch accessory that dynamically reduces jerking and jarring while towing. As your trailer passes over bumps and potholes, it produces all kinds of vibrations, jolting, chucking and noise. With a traditional metal-on-metal connection, these annoyances are directly transferred to your tow vehicle, making your ride noisy, uncomfortable and taking a toll on your towing system.
The RockerBall™ completely changes your towing experience by absorbing the erratic movement and rattling of your trailer at the coupling point. This provides a smoother ride and increased control over the vehicle and trailer. It also reduces the amount stress placed on your vehicle, receiver hitch, brakes and suspension system.
The RockerBall™ is also extremely low maintenance compared to other torsion hitch and cushion hitch options. It has no airbags or bearings to service. Simply apply grease to the integrated zerk fitting as needed for continuous lubrication and smooth operation.
This RockerBall™ hitch kit comes with a standard ball mount with a 3" drop and standard 2" shank to fit most class 3, class 4 and class 5 receiver hitches. It also includes an anti-rattle shim kit for maximum vibration resistance.
The CURT RockerBall™ hitch ball is constructed from forged steel for exceptional strength. The base and ball mount are covered in a durable powder coat finish, and the ball itself has a chrome plating for long-lasting weather resistance.
My experience with the RockerBall is just like everyone else's. You won't feel the jarring of the trailer like the standard receiver hitch. I put my old hitch back in to see if it really made a difference, and it did! I will keep using it!
This is for real even behind my dually I can feel the difference in ride the hitch is easy to install and works great I highly recommend this hitch to anyone who hauls a bumper pull trailer
As a college angler I have pulled my boat all over the place on terrible roads and over railroad tracks. It made a noticeable difference when hitting rougher expansion joints on bridges and potholes, as well as railroad tracks. The Rockerball makes much less noise than a regular hitch because of its locking feature. So when you hit the gas when the light turns green it doesn’t rattle and clunk. Heck of a product and I would recommend it to anyone who is questioning buying one. You will not be disappointed.
I noticed a definite difference between the ball I have been using to pull my 18' boat to the Rocker ball. Never going back.
I’ve been towing a lot with the rocker ball. At first I didn’t think it was doing anything because I don’t feel the trailer much behind a 2500. After towing over railroad tracks and potholes I have noticed a difference. I believe it would do wonders on a half ton truck.
Best ball we ever used we are in the logging business and we pull everything from pressure washers to loaded log trucks and the grease fitting is genius!!!!!
Almost gave this thing zero stars, the feel of towing a trailer with this magical device is like not towing anything. Literally stopped the truck and got out to make sure the boat was still hooked up. I may trade the truck in one day but the RockerBall comes with me.
The trailer I pull has surge brakes on it and with my old hitch it had a hard jerk when starting from a dead stop and made a loud clunking sound. Your hitch did not do that - no jerk, no clunk. I think it's a quality hitch and will be using it from now on.
I towed a trailer with 2 skis from San Diego to Paige Arizona. I never heard a bit of noise. No binds or pops. Easy to forget that you are pulling a trailer unless you look in the mirror.
Right away I noticed a huge difference with it from a conventional hitch. I have a railroad track that I have to cross just down from my house. There was no bounce or rattle at all like with regular hitches. Really impressed with how the Rockerball preforms.