RockerBall 2" Cushion Hitch Trailer Ball (1" Shank, 7,500 lbs.) #40047
- Dynamic trailer ball featuring ShockDrop technology
- Dampens jerking and jarring from bumps and potholes for smoother towing
- Cushioned isolators reduce rattling and vibration for a more comfortable ride
- Reduces shock loads to the vehicle during sudden braking or acceleration
- Minimizes stress on tow vehicle's suspension and brakes for extended longevity
- Retrofits onto most existing ball mounts to improve current towing experience
- Virtually maintenance-free with no airbag or bearings to service
- Grease zerk fitting provides easy lubrication
- Anti-swivel base fits 2-1/2" wide ball mount tongues with 1" diameter hole
- Forged steel construction for dependable towing power
- Durable carbide black powder coat finish on base and chrome plating on ball
- Standard trailer ball diameter fits 2" couplers
- Rated for 7,500 lbs. gross trailer weight
- Tested for safety to meet SAE J684 specifications
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Ball mount sold separately (not compatible with Rebellion XD ball mount)
- Patent# 11,192,408
- The mounting platform must be at least 3/8" thick and the hole size must not be more than 1/16" larger than in diameter than the threaded shank.
- Side Application Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- Shipping Weight5.500
- Shank Length1 IN
- Mount Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- Product Weight5.500
- MaterialCarbon Steel
- Ball Diameter2 IN
- Shank Diameter1
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Ball Capacity7,500 LBS
The CURT RockerBall™ trailer ball provides improved comfort and enhanced control while towing, featuring our unique ShockDrop™ technology. An integrated cushion isolator allows this hitch ball to turn a standard ball mount into a cushion hitch with anti-rattle capabilities.
The RockerBall™ trailer ball dynamically reduces jerking and jarring while towing. As your trailer passes over bumps and potholes, it produces all kinds of vibrations, jolting, chucking and noise. With a traditional metal-on-metal connection, these annoyances are directly transferred to your tow vehicle, making your ride noisy, uncomfortable and taking a toll on your towing system.
The RockerBall™ completely changes your towing experience by absorbing the erratic movement and rattling of your trailer at the coupling point. This provides a smoother ride and increased control over the vehicle and trailer. It also reduces the amount stress placed on your vehicle, receiver hitch, brakes and suspension system.
The RockerBall™ is also extremely low maintenance compared to other torsion hitch and cushion hitch options. It has no airbags or bearings to service. Simply apply grease to the integrated zerk fitting as needed for continuous lubrication and smooth operation.
The RockerBall™ tow ball retrofits onto a variety of standard ball mounts, virtually any mount with a 2-1/2-inch wide trailer ball tongue platform and a 1-inch trailer ball hole. The anti-swivel base keeps the hitch ball properly oriented and locked in place when fully torqued.
The CURT RockerBall™ hitch ball is constructed from forged steel for exceptional strength. The base is covered in a durable powder coat finish, and the ball itself has a chrome plating for long-lasting weather resistance.
I put over 12K miles towing this summer, listened to my ball and coupler bang!! purchased a new trailer and had to drive 980 miles to pick it up, so I ordered the RockerBall as a test to help silence my ride back IT DID 100% I can't believe it, such a simple and affordable item. easy to install, easy to grease, I am sure Curt designed for the wear and tear aspect also, but hey if I cant hear my equipment banging I know it's doing what they intended. This should be the only ball you own. I ordered two more for my other ball mounts and left the "noisy ones" on my bench.
Great job CURT.
I use a drop-bed motorcycle trailer (RAZOR) to get bikes to or from the shop when they need to be there more than a day.
I have listened to all the rattling going on behind me for years - and always figured it was the trailer. I installed the RockerBall yesterday for a 4 hour round trip to pick up a motorcycle.
What a difference - no more rattles!! No more jerking!! Don't know why I waited so long to get one of these. The RockerBall is great! Thank you, Curt Manufacturing for this awesome product. I was disappointed to see the RockerBall is made in China.
This thing is great. It takes the jerk out of hailing on rough roads and road crossings. Can’t even feel railroad crossings like I use to. I would definitely recommend this product.
The ROCKERBALL REALLY WORKS! I used it when pulling a large enclosed trailer to my move my daughter to college. My passengers even commented "puling this trailer seems like a breeze". I educated them it wasn't the trailer, it was the Rockerball. No noise, no jerks - smooth sailing. Great Product, keep up the good work.
First off I wanna say thank you to the representative that handed these hitches out at Anderson Motor Speedway. I wouldnt have known about them if it wasn't for them being there.
Back to the Curtis hitch. I love it i paid $150 for a drop down plate and a brand new 2" clevice style hitch and wasnt happy because one setting was to high and drug my tail of the trailer on the concrete. The other setting was to low and it will drag landing gear. But with this curtis hitch its absolutely perfect. Bare minimum scraping while in use. Also makes the load easier while pulling with the rocker ball. I will recommend this product to anybody. Thanks for this opportunity.
this is one of the best hitches I've owned. You don't feel your load as bad because of the forgiveness of the ball. Im glad I got to try o e of these and will pass by word of mouth to people who never has tried it
Towing my 15' aluminum boat with a heavy Yamaha 4 stroke made the tongue have no weight, so the previous ball mount set up would just rattle and make noise. ShockDrop does the job it says, it isolated the rattle and made a nice quite ride to the late.
I absolutely LOVE this hitch!!! It feels great to know that I wont be feeling that extra bump when I break like you would get from other hitches. Its smooth to haul with and I know its gotta make a difference to the horses. I will be buying another one!