60" x 24" Black Steel Basket Cargo Carrier (Folding 2" Shank, 500 lbs.) #18153
- 6" tall sides keep items more secure during travel
- Frees up space inside the vehicle for passengers and cargo
- Constructed from heavy-duty, tubular steel
- Folding shank allows carrier to be tilted up when not in use
- Angled shank elevates carrier for more ground clearance
- Mesh base for easy cleanup
- Built-in reflectors add visibility for increased safety
- Easily accepts a cargo bag, cargo net or bungees
- Protected by a highly durable E-coat and carbide black powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Rear-mounted spare tires may interfere with folding feature
- Inside dimensions: 60" x 23-3/4" x 5-1/2"
- Installation Time Exact0
- Part TypeBasket-Style Cargo Carrier
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Shipping Weight70.000
- Dimensions60 IN x 24 IN x 6 IN
- Capacity500 LB
- Receiver Tube Size2 IN
- FinishCARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
- Quantity Per Package1
Even with the roomiest of vehicles, packing the car for a long trip can quickly turn into a frustrating game of Tetris. CURT cargo carriers are a simple yet effective solution for maximizing the storage area of your vehicle. The advantage of a hitch-mounted cargo carrier is that it can be mounted on the rear or front end of the vehicle as long as the vehicle is properly equipped with the right receiver hitch. Mounting a cargo carrier in the front opens up the rear receiver hitch for towing a trailer or adding a second carrier or bike rack if needed. The hitch-mounted design also makes installation quick and easy.
CURT basket cargo carriers feature a strong bolt-together design and are made with heavy-duty carbide steel and a tubular construction for increased strength. One of the advantages of the basket style is its 6" high sides. These provide extra security and peace of mind during travel. This particular basket cargo carrier features a 2" x 2" bent, folding shank to provide more ground clearance and to fold up and out of the way whenever necessary. It also comes with a strong mesh platform to accept up 500 lbs. of cargo and has a durable black powder coat finish to resist rust, scratches and UV damage. Whether you prefer the hitch-mounted carrier or the roof rack option, CURT has cargo management solutions to meet your needs.
My first Curt cargo carrier. Using it on a 5th wheel to carry my genny, fuel cans, grill, & propane tanks. Holds up to 500 lbs but average about 150. It was easy to assemble, heavy and pretty stable. We are very pleased with this product.
I purchased this cargo basket to haul my snow blower on. I drive a kick butt Nissan Xterra with some really sweet bumpers on it. It is literally sick. I wanted a basket that would perform equally like my kick butt Nissan Xterra. For my review I am giving this four stars only because I think they could have used thicker materials. It's just beefy enough.
We bought this carrier to give us more space when we traveled. We loaded a full ice chest and 2 suitcases with no problem. In addition to the carrier, we also purchased the Curt cargo bag. This bag was an absolute life saver! It rained the entire trip - sometimes the rain was extremely heavy. When we arrived at our destination the inside of the cargo bag was completely dry. Money well spent!
I just installed the Curt Folding shank basket cargo carrier #18153, 24-inch x 60-inch on a Toyota Highlander.
I like it, but wow this thing sticks out very far. Is there a shorter shank available?
Our second Curt cargo carrier. Well made, durable and versatile. We prefer the folding shank version over the rigid shank. Folding shank saves a lot of extra hassle. Basket style with side rails gives extra security/stability carrying a load. Only down side...which is to be expected...is the weight. Great value for the price