48" x 20" Basket-Style Cargo Carrier (Fixed 1-1/4" Shank with 2" Adapter) #18145
- 6" tall sides keep items more secure during travel
- Frees up space inside the vehicle for passengers and cargo
- Constructed from heavy-duty, tubular steel
- Adapter sleeve allows mounting on either 1-1/4" or 2" receiver tube
- Built-in reflectors add visibility for increased safety
- Easily accepts a cargo bag, cargo net or bungees
- Includes a threaded anti-rattle mounting pin
- Protected by a highly durable E-coat and carbide black powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Inside dimensions: 46-1/2" x 17-1/2" x 5-1/2"
- Shipping Weight29.500
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Part TypeBasket-Style Cargo Carrier
- Dimensions48 IN x 20 IN x 6 IN
- Capacity500 LB
- Receiver Tube Size1.25 and 2
- FinishCARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
- Quantity Per Package1
Even with the roomiest of vehicles, packing the car for a long trip can quickly turn into a frustrating game of Tetris. CURT cargo carriers are a simple yet effective solution for maximizing the storage area of your vehicle. The advantage of a hitch-mounted cargo carrier is that it can be mounted on the rear or front end of the vehicle as long as the vehicle is properly equipped with the right receiver hitch. Mounting a cargo carrier in the front opens up the rear receiver hitch for towing a trailer or adding a second carrier or bike rack if needed. The hitch-mounted design also makes installation quick and easy.
CURT basket cargo carriers feature a strong bolt-together design and are made with heavy-duty carbide steel and a tubular construction for increased strength. One of the advantages of the basket style is its 6" high sides. These provide extra security and peace of mind during travel. This particular basket cargo carrier features a 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" shank with a 2" x 2" adapter sleeve to be able to fit most receiver-type trailer hitches. It can accept up 500 lbs. of cargo and has a durable black powder coat finish to resist rust, scratches and UV damage. Whether you prefer the hitch-mounted carrier or the roof rack option, CURT has cargo management solutions to meet your needs.
This carrier appears to be sturdy and of good construction. Assembly is required and the instructions require some intuitive thinking. In one area of the assembly, it seems the instructions are backwards in that the connection tubes (their term) should be loosely installed BEFORE starting to install any bolts which attach the basket platforms to the 1 1/4" shank tube. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to using this carrier when we go on our next extended-length motorized-trike trip!