21" x 37" Black Steel Roof Rack Cargo Carrier Extension #18117
- Expands the storage area of the CURT roof-mounted cargo basket #18115
- Frees up space inside the vehicle for passengers and cargo
- Adds almost six sq. ft. of storage area
- Mounts to most roof rack base rails
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- For use with CURT #18115 only
- Inside dimensions: 21" x 37" x 4"
- Part TypeRoof Rack Cargo Carrier
- Shipping Weight14.000
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Dimensions21 IN x 37 IN x 4 IN
- FinishCARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
Even with the roomiest of vehicles, packing the car for a long trip can quickly turn into a frustrating game of Tetris. CURT cargo carriers are a simple yet effective solution for maximizing the storage area of your vehicle.
The CURT roof rack cargo carrier is a roomy and versatile cargo carrier with a lightweight design and easy installation. It features a simple two-piece assembly and mounts to most styles of roof rack base rails. With its strong steel construction and durable black powder coat finish, it easily stands up to the tough trails and long miles ahead. One of the key advantages to the CURT roof rack carrier is its extension option. With this extension piece installed, the cargo rack goes from a little over ten square feet of storage room to an impressive 16 square feet, providing a lot of extra room for storing bulkier items. The roof rack cargo carrier readily accepts a CURT cargo net to get you packed up and on your way with less hassle.
In over 40 years of off-roading, at one time or another, I've owned almost every kind of roof rack / Cargo Basket... call it what you want, I've owned most brands, Smittybuilt & Thule to Yakima, and I'll tell you, for the money, you can't beat the Curt Roof Rack and extension.
And shipping... ordered it on a Monday morning, it was setting by my front door when I got home from work Wednesday night.
The only thing I didn't care for was the length of the 1/4-28 threaded hold down brackets. they stick up way higher than the bottom of the basket... ready to poke a hole in anything unlucky enought to land on top of one of them. Since I don't plan on removing the rack anytime soon, an air-grander and cutoff disk took care of the problem in short order.
I highly recommend this product.