50" x 30" Black Aluminum Hitch Cargo Carrier with Ramp (Folding 2" Shank) #18112
- Built-in ramp for easy loading of scooters, push mowers, snow blowers and more
- Three-position ramp can be extended, folded vertically or stowed in the carrier
- Double-folding ramp for ergonomic operation and less wind resistance
- Ramp folds flat into the carrier for compact storage and rear vehicle access
- Carrier shank also folds up for convenient parking and storage
- Threaded anti-rattle shank to resist sway and suppress noise
- Non-skid ridges provide enhanced traction when moving up or down the ramp
- Six integrated eye bolts for secure attachment of straps or other tiedowns
- Built-in reflectors add visibility for increased safety
- 8-bolt assembly for fast, easy installation
- Rated to carry loads up to 500 lbs.
- Mounts onto any 2" x 2" receiver tube opening
- Fully welded aluminum construction with durable carbide black powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Includes cargo carrier with ramp and anti-rattle hitch pin
- Hitch carrier dimensions 50" x 30-1/2" x 4"
- FinishCARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
- MaterialAluminum/Stainless Assembly
- Part TypeBasket-Style Cargo Carrier
- Receiver Tube Size2 IN
- Shipping Weight63.000
- Storage50-Inch x 30-1/2-Inch
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime
Whether you're transporting a mobility scooter, snow blower, lawn mower or simply storing some extra camping gear, the CURT trailer hitch cargo carrier with ramp offers an innovative design for more ergonomic operation and highly dependable transportation of your cargo.
The CURT hitch carrier is unlike other hitch cargo carriers with ramps because it features a double-folding design. Instead of simply folding up vertically, this CURT cargo carrier has a hinge point in the middle of the ramp, allowing it to be folded in half vertically. This means when the ramp is folded up for travel, it stands half as tall, reducing the chance of obstruction and greatly limiting the amount of drag caused by the wind.
The CURT aluminum hitch carrier with ramp can be folded into three unique positions for optimal ergonomics. First, it folds out and down to allow for easy loading of a power scooter, push mower, snowplow or other large cargo. Then, after the cargo is loaded, the ramp can be folded vertically and in half for safe, smooth transportation. Finally, when the cargo carrier is not in use, the ramp can be completely folded into the carrier itself to remain out of the way. The shank of this hitch carrier also folds up to allow for convenient vehicle parking and optimal storage when not in use.
For safe, worry-free transportation, the CURT trailer hitch cargo carrier with ramp comes with several safety features. First, the hitch carrier is rated for 500 pounds. The fully welded construction of high-quality aluminum tubing supplies the basket and shank with ample strength. Second, this cargo hitch carrier includes an anti-rattle hitch pin that allows for wrench-tightening of the shank into the hitch receiver. The threaded pin and anti-rattle shim lock the shank into place, resisting vibrations and wobbling of the load. Finally, the cargo basket has built-in reflectors to alert other drivers and increase visibility of the carrier and your vehicle.
Assembly and installation of this hitch cargo carrier are fast, simple and secure. The hitch basket assembles with eight simple bolts that supply the aluminum frame with solid structural support without a complicated assembly. The hitch carrier is equipped with a standard, folding 2-inch x 2-inch shank to fit most class 3, class 4 and class 5 hitches.
This CURT hitch carrier with ramp makes an excellent hitch-mounted scooter carrier. The welded aluminum construction is strong but lightweight and highly resistant to the elements. It comes with a durable carbide black powder coat finish for maximum resistance to rain, dirt, road salt and other corrosive threats. The hitch basket measures 50 inches x 30-1/2 inches x 4 inches, and it features integrated eye-bolts to fasten ratchet straps, a cargo net or bungee cords for enhanced cargo security.
Pros: Good for scooter trabsportation
Cons: No lIcense tag frame....MAJOR...covers tag when folded
Rubber piece with hole...too stiff...holes too small to get bolt thru to secure when ramp is folded
Ramp and carrier works great. The folding shank that goes into the hitch doesn’t have threads for the anti rattle pin to screw on to. The screw goes right in. You could use a regular hitch pin at this point.
I bought this carrier a few weeks ago for my wife's chair it is a great carrier!
My question with the 2 inch shaft that came with it is offset,
Is there any way you people sell the straight 2 inch folding shaft for this carrier? That would give me approx 2"for the ramp being lower? for loading the scooter..
Ok carrier except that after using it. A few times to haul a push mower it is sagging and is now on an angle. So anything you put on this leans towards the back and seems like it is going to fall off
Nicely designed & built. Easy assembly using Curtis video. Effortless attaching to car hitch. Superior to others that I looked at.
My neighbor came over and was admiring my new cargo carrier. I showed him how simple it was to fold down and lower the ramp system. It was on the back of my truck because I had just used it to effortlessly haul a Honda scooter home.