TruTrack Trunnion Bar Weight Distribution System (8K - 10K lbs., 35-9/16" Bars) #17500
- Integrated sway control actively resists sway and levels the vehicle and trailer
- Welded head with cast pieces provides solid spring bar attachment
- Uses spring & cam system with hardened components, instead of metal friction
- Adjustable brackets provide fixed support unlike spring bar chain models
- Brackets use friction to resist lateral movement, replacing a sway control
- Equipped with trunnion-style, forged steel spring bars
- 2" shank can be flipped to provide necessary drop or rise
- Hex castle nut allows for easy adjustment for different trailers
- Tilt adjustment feature simplifies setup and installation
- Fits virtually all A-frame trailers, featuring two neutral spring bar settings
- Durable carbide powder coat finish and industrial chrome-plated cam components
- Includes a pre-torqued 2-5/16" trailer ball
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Springs bars can be adjusted to 30 or 70 degrees (+/- 5)
- Includes shank, trailer ball, spring bars, head, support brackets, pin & clip
- Capacity limited to lowest rated towing component
- Part TypeTrunnion Bar Weight Distribution Hitch
- Gross Trailer Weight(GTW)10,000 LB
- Tongue Weight(TW)1,000 LB
- Shipping Weight118.000
- FinishCARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
While many weight distribution hitches are made to be compatible with a sway control attachment, the CURT TruTrack is an advanced WD system that integrates the sway control function into the design of the hitch. It combines precise weight distributing with integrated sway control to deliver the smoothest, safest ride possible. This, coupled with the easiest setup in the industry, truly makes the TruTrack unparalleled in its class.
Like all WD hitches, the TruTrack uses a pair of spring bars to leverage the trailer tongue weight and spread it across all axles of the vehicle-trailer combination. However, instead of using spring bar chains, the TruTrack connects to the trailer frame using heavy-duty, adjustable support brackets that hold the spring bars in place laterally and vertically. While regular spring bars angle from side to side, the integrated sway control arms resist this movement and keep the trailer better aligned. The TruTrack also features a unique spring and cam system that builds up pressure to actively stop sway and then relaxes to make smooth turns. The hardened components are less subject to wear and last longer than competitor models.
Setting up the TruTrack WD hitch is faster and easier. While other WDs use washers and blind guesswork to find the proper tilt, the TruTrack employs interlocking nuts and six preset holes to provide specific angles of tilt and a simpler adjustment method. Unlike most WD hitches that require you to partially disassemble the hitch head to make adjustments, the interlocking nuts can easily be accessed on the outside of the head, making installation fast and adjustment easy.
In addition to its integrated sway control and easy setup, the CURT TruTrack offers the same great quality as our other WD hitches, making it the perfect choice for campers, livestock trailers, car haulers and other heavy-duty trailers. We stand behind this uncompromising hitch, and to prove it, we back it up with a limited lifetime warranty.
I have researched this hitch along with several others and have found it to be superior in several ways. Especially Traction Control. I only installed it recently and have not traveled a great distance yet. I am looking forward to my trip to give it a really good checkout.
I just purchased the 17500 WD hitch July 6/18. After setup, we travelled 2.5 hours north to our campsite. I noticed when I went to unhook from our trailer, the head tilt spacers were literally twisted. Our TT is 7800 lb. The 3/4" bolts were torqued prior to departing the city and were still tight upon arrival at our campsite.
Has anyone experienced this before?
Ok so this is a mixed review. As far as the hitch goes, its top notch in my book. I have had it almost a year now and have gone on several trips with it, the longest being 20 hours round trip from my house. The hitch worked perfectly. My review is more toward customer service, although that was great too. So why am I here? I read the second review on here where someone lost a hitch pin and called to see about getting a replacement and Curt sent them one no charge. I lost a pin and called, but was directed to Amazon to order a set of them. Now I do understand that its not Curt's fault that pins get lost, I guess my thought was that there should be some sort of consistency with customers. These two pins, of which I only needed one cost me nearly $20.00. Anyway, water under the bridge I guess, and I did order the pin set. Again this is an awesome product and I will be recommending this to anyone who is looking for a great weight distribution hitch. Thanks for a great product!
I have towed over 13,000 miles using the TruTrack system on a RAM 1500 and 2014 24' Laredo travel trailer. I have experienced some issues with this hitch. Some are installation related and some are quality control issues. Curt support has been excellent and will keep me buying Curt products. I called Curt yesterday afternoon and they agreed to replace my hitch head assembly. The assembly arrived this morning via Fedex. That's customer service!!! Thank you Curt!!
I towed a 28ft travel trailer with an Acura MDX and this rig did just great! No sway, kept everything smooth and inline. The BEST thing was when we lost one of the pins and I asked Curt how I could order just that part. They sent me the pin free instead of asking me to pay for it! Amazing product, Amazing service!