Q20 5th Wheel Hitch #16130
- Spherical axial bearing tilts head in any direction for a smooth, quiet ride
- Dual jaws fully wrap the kingpin to reduce chucking and increase security
- Wide, self-aligning head helps eliminate errors when backing up to the trailer
- Lockable, short-throw handle automatically engages with the kingpin
- Three easy-access grease fittings for lubrication
- Three-position coupling indicator clearly shows coupling status
- Mounts to all industry-standard base rails
- Offers three height adjustment positions to adapt to each unique truck bed
- Includes a polyethylene lube plate to eliminate messy grease deposits
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J2638
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Includes 5th wheel head, legs and hardware
- Capacity limited to lowest-rated towing component
- Not compatible with turret-style pin boxes, such as Sidewinder
- Gross Trailer Weight(GTW)20,000 LB
- Part Type5th Wheel Hitch
- Shipping Weight140.000
- Head SeriesQ-Series
- Vertical Load5,000 LB
- Height13 IN - 17 IN
- FinishCARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
Like the other 5th wheel hitches of the CURT Q-Series, the CURT Q20 is a specialist in its class. It features a gross trailer weight capacity of 20,000 lbs. and can accept a vertical load limit of 5,000 lbs., giving it the capability to tow most large recreational vehicles, campers and many other 5th wheel trailers. Also like the Q24, the Q20 5th wheel has a superior hitch head, pivoting on a spherical axial bearing. This ensures smooth, quiet towing and allows unimpeded head movement and a wide turning radius for your trailer. The self-aligning head and dual-locking jaws make coupling easier, and with the three-position coupling mechanism, indicating when it safe to couple and when it is safe to tow, you can be out of the driveway and on your way quicker than ever.
The Q20 comes with a durable carbide powder coat finish to give this hitch the best possible defense against corrosion, scratching, UV damage and whatever else you throw its way. It is tested in accordance with SAE J2638 for safety and is also backed by a limited lifetime warranty to give you peace of mind. This 20K 5th wheel hitch comes with a set of standard 5th wheel legs that are ready to mount into your truck bed with a pair 5th wheel rails and brackets (base rails and brackets sold separately).
Certain turret-style pin boxes, such as Sidewinder, are not compatible with CURT Q-series hitches and should not be used as they may create vehicle / trailer handling hazards. Please contact CURT Product Support for compatibility information.
I've owned and towed with the Q20 with slider hitch for three years now and would say this product is solid from top to bottom. The quality of the components and the ease of operation should make the employees proud to work there. When I first installed it, there was one manufacturing issue that the guys at Curt promptly resolved. I'd do business with Curt anytime.
I've pulled a lot of fifth wheels with this hitch and love it! The pivoting head is wonderful. I've had this hitch for about two years now and have no issues. I live full time in a Mobile Suites 5th wheel and pull other peoples 5th wheels for extra money. Our blog that has a product review on this hitch is stuckonsimple.com
I went from a trailer to 5th wheel and purchased this hitch. It is twice the rating I needed. With all that weight behind me, I like the extra weight rating. I also much prefered the swivel arrangement rather than a 2 axis system. Further I liked that the hitch had a full circular ring purchase of the kingpin rather than a "D" arrangement where a stright bar closes the pin into a half circle. The full ring purchase is supposed to have less ratteling. Then add the cushion the swivel is mounted in for less vibration, and I was sold and paid the extra money. I have used it for a year and am well pleased with it, and am glad I paid the extra $.
I bought this hitch one year ago. At first had problems with it not wanting to latch completely. I thought being new was the problem and after several tries it would finally latch. We left on a trip around the country and got about 5 days away and it still wouldn't latch correctly. We were a 1000 miles into our trip and I talked with Curt on the problem. Told them I was on a trip around the USA and couldn't be stranded somewhere and they asked where I was at and they told me to go to one of there sales centers and they changed the head out. Since then have had absolutely no problems with it. We have put over 10,000 miles on it with not one problem. Excellent hitch. Never did figure out what was wrong with the first one, but Curt stood behind there product all the way. Would deffinately buy there products again.