A16 5th Wheel Hitch #16120
- Cast yoke with poly-torsion inserts to suppress shock loads and reduce noise
- Fully articulating torsion head for controlled coupling and stable towing
- Lockable handle self-resets to the ready-to-couple position after uncoupling
- High-strength, interlocking jaws fully wrap the kingpin to minimize noise
- Extra wide head opening for easier coupling
- Fast, one-pin head removal makes moving easy with smaller, lighter pieces
- Three-position coupling indicator clearly shows coupling status
- Compatible with kingpin extension boxes, including common pivoting pin boxes
- Mounts to all industry-standard base rails
- Offers three height adjustment positions to adapt to each unique truck bed
- Includes a polyethylene lube plate to eliminate messy grease deposits
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J2638
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Includes 5th wheel head, legs and hardware
- Patent# 8,827,298
- Capacity limited to lowest-rated towing component
- Installation Time Exact0
- Gross Trailer Weight (GTW)16,000 LB
- Head SeriesA-Series
- Part Type*
- Shipping Weight112.000
- Vertical Load4,000 LB
- Height13 IN - 17 IN
- FinishCARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
The CURT A16™ is designed to provide a surprisingly quiet ride while maintain superior towing power. It has a gross trailer weight capacity of 16,000 lbs. and can handle a vertical load up to 4,000 lbs. It comes with a three-position coupling indicator visible from your pickup truck cab, an extra wide head for easier coupling and high-strength interlocking die-cast jaws for a secure hold on your 5th wheel trailer.
This 16K 5th wheel hitch excels in quiet 5th wheel towing. It uses a fully articulating torsion head, a cast yoke with poly-torsion inserts and interlocking jaws to create stability for your trailer and tow vehicle. These components also allow the A16™ to suppress shock and vibrations and reduce any additional noise coming from your trailer. Like the other CURT A-Series™ hitches, the A16™ is coated with a durable carbide powder coat finish. It is tested in accordance with SAE J2638 for safety and includes a limited lifetime warranty to make this the best hitch ever to be mounted in the back of your pickup. This A16™ 5th wheel hitch comes with a set of industry-standard 5th wheel legs that are ready to mount into your truck bed with a pair 5th wheel rails and brackets (base rails and brackets sold separately).
I really like this hitch. I had to rethink a couple of things when thinking how I use to work my old Curt 16K hitch with the bar vs the jaws. The hitch plate does not drop down like my old one so I now make sure I'm riding up the plate. Also, use to the old bar - if the bar is across it's locked, open, your good to pull away. On this one I made sure wheels are chucked and pull away even though the jaws are closed with "red" signal. Quit riding now. Also, support was great. I always got through and never had to wait hardy at all and I called a few times. They were very helpful and patient. So product support is great!
I purchased new and had a local dealer install the A16 in my f-250 for new 8500 lb 5th wheel. First few trips the hitch worked perfectly and was solid, but began making popping noise and seemed to be loose on the pin. Installing dealer inspected the hitch and trailer and suggested that I increase the trailer brake gain. Helped a little, but still makes the popping noise and seems loose. bought a new Ram and had the hitch installed with same result. I have been trying different brake settings, but still have the loose fit on new trailer, truck and hitch. Installing dealer says its per normal...
Purchased a new 5th wheel and had this hitch installed per RV shop recommendation. Have logged 6k+ miles over the last year, and very impressed with this hitch. Very sturdy, reliable and easy to use. Highly recommend for anyone considering a 5th wheel. Great product.....
Bought the Q16 hitch to replace my slam bar RBW Lil Rocker on my 95 Chevy. Assembled the hitch and tried to install using my standard rails. Oh! oh! my rails only had 4 slots and I needed a 6 slot rail since the legs are much wider than my Lil Rocker. Ordered Curt rails with the 6 slots and installed. Noted about a 1/4 inch slop between the hitch leg and rail. Called tech and advised needed neopreme shims between leg and rail. Supposedly came with hitch , but I didn't see any and the box is gone. Instruction don't mention them. Order the shims, but thinking about making metal ones. Don't like the hitch rocking in this area. Lil Rocker was tight and solid on the rails, no slop. New hitch looks great, but needs adjustment.