CrossWing 20K 5th Wheel Hitch with Bed Protectors for 2-5/16" Gooseneck #16051
- Mounts over the top of most standard-height gooseneck balls
- Compatible with standard-height CURT OEM-style, EZr and B&W gooseneck hitches
- Premium steel construction offers robust 20,000-lb. capacity
- Features patent-pending ShockDrop technology to reduce jerking and jarring
- Reinforced head connection point for superior strength and peace of mind
- Easy, one-person installation and removal
- 65% lighter than most traditional 5th wheel hitches (main body weighs 70 lbs.)
- Unique coupling system eliminates guesswork by offering visible contact surface
- Head channel guides kingpin into place for easier hookup
- Allows fore, aft and lateral head articulation when connecting on uneven terrain
- Easy-to-reach release handle for ergonomic operation
- Three points of height adjustment from 17-1/2" to 21-1/2"
- Simple, three-bolt assembly, right out of the box
- Premium, carbide textured black finish for lasting rust resistance
- High-grade steel design for added strength vs. aluminum
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J2638
- Includes hitch and bed support kit
- Lippert trailer chassis approved. Will not void warranty.
- Capacity limited to lowest-rated towing component
- FinishTEXTURED BLACK POWDER COAT
- Installation Time Exact0
- MaterialCarbon Steel
- Mount Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- Part Type5th Wheel Hitch
- Product Weight137.500
- Shipping Weight137.500
- Side Application Type DescriptionNot Applicable
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime
The CrossWing™ 5th wheel hitch is designed to raise the bar on towing. It is engineered to be solid yet easy to handle by combining robust strength with state-of-the-art technology, all while remaining lightweight. Compared to traditional 5th wheel hitches, the CrossWing is 65% lighter with a main body weight of only 70 lbs. And with its lightweight design, assembly and installation are a breeze and can be done by one person with no extra hassle.
Although it is light in weight, the CrossWing's strength and toughness are not jeopardized. It is constructed with tough, premium steel that offers 20,000-lb. weight capacity, and has a reinforced head connection point that provides exceptional strength. Its unique coupling system eliminates guesswork by offering a visible contact surface, and its head channel guides the kingpin into place for easier hookup, saving you time that you can spend on the road instead.
In addition to its strength, the CrossWing is packed with cutting-edge technology that is a step above the rest. It allows fore, aft and lateral head articulation when connecting on uneven terrain, and features ShockDrop™ technology that reduces jerking and jarring for an overall smoother tow. It also contains an easy-to-reach release handle for ergonomic operation, and three points of height adjustment ranging from 17-1/2" to 21-1/2", so an ideal tow experience is easy and simple to attain. Finally, the CrossWing is finished with a premium, carbide textured black powder coating that protects against rust, ensuring this 5th wheel hitch will provide comfortable, superior rides through many miles to come.
This hitch kit also comes with bed protector supports. This set of supports helps protect your truck bed when towing with the CURT CrossWing 5th wheel hitch. They install underneath the hitch, between the base and truck bed, and promote distribution of the forces from the trailer. This increases overall support and reduces wear and abrasions on the bed. The supports come with poly inserts and rubber membranes to resist sliding and scuffing, and they install with no hardware required.
I purchased the CrossWing to replace the Demco autoslide hitch which is bulky. The installation of the CrossWing was easy except one part. Tightening the bolt securing the lower coupler assembly to the base is tricky. The bolt head and the nut are hard to get to especially given the torque that is required. Just something to work on for better access.
Connecting and disconnecting the camper is so easy and my camper pulls much better than before. I am glad I made the switch.