Non-Powered 3-to-2-Wire Taillight Converter (Bulk) #55177
- Converts 3-wire vehicle electrical system to standard 2-wire trailer wiring
- 4-way flat output connects tail lights, brake lights and turn signals
- Color-coded wires for easier installation
- No heavy-duty flasher or direct battery connection required
- Dust cover included to keep connector clean when not in use
- Mount Type DescriptionBlank
- Part Type3-to-2 Wire Tailight Converter
- Shipping Weight0.250
- WarrantyOne-Year Limited Warranty
- Product Weight0.000
- Side Application Type DescriptionBlank
- Turn and Brake Circuits2.1 Amps Per Circuit
- Tail Light Circuits5.0 Amps Per Circuit
- Output Type4-way flat
When your vehicle does not readily provide an electrical connection for hooking up your trailer, CURT electrical converts offer the solution. Working tail lights on your trailer are absolutely essential any time you tow, and a converter provides an effective way to properly equip your vehicle for safe towing.
A CURT electrical converter, much like our custom vehicle-to-trailer wiring harnesses, provides a trailer connector on your vehicle by slicing into the vehicle's electrical system. Electrical converters are designed to splice directly into the taillight wiring, rather than plugging into various sockets, giving them the nickname "taillight converters". Though it requires a little extra work compared to a custom wiring harness, a tail light converter offers a reliable, long-term connector solution.
This CURT electrical converter is designed to convert a 3-wire system to a 2-wire system and provides a standard 4-way flat connector socket to plug in your trailer. This converter is made with cutting-edge surface-mount technology (SMT) circuitry, featuring electrical components that are mounted directly to the surface of the board rather than being inserted into a series of holes. SMT circuits have longer life cycles, lower resistance, reduced heat generation and are more reliable than through-hole-mounted components. Plus, to give you peace of mind for the long haul, the majority of CURT converters are proudly made right here in the USA.