A20 Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch with Rails, 20,000 lbs. #16641
- Cast yoke with poly-torsion inserts to suppress shock loads and reduce noise
- Fully articulating torsion head for controlled coupling and stable towing
- Lockable handle self-resets to the ready-to-couple position after uncoupling
- High-strength, interlocking jaws fully wrap the kingpin to minimize noise
- Extra wide head opening for easier coupling
- Fast, one-pin head removal makes moving easy with smaller, lighter pieces
- Three-position coupling indicator clearly shows coupling status
- R20 5th wheel slider #16550 provides 12" of travel in the truck bed
- Rolls on wheels and solid, non-binding rods to be a true rolling unit
- Compatible with kingpin extension boxes, including common pivoting pin boxes
- Offers three height adjustment positions to adapt to each unique truck bed
- Includes a polyethylene lube plate to eliminate messy grease deposits
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J2638
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Includes A20 5th wheel hitch head #16540, R20 slider #16550, base rails #16200 and hardware
- Patent# 8,827,298
- Capacity limited to lowest-rated towing component
- Gross Trailer Weight (GTW)20,000 LB
- Vertical Load5,000 LB
- Part Type5th Wheel Hitch
- Installation Time Exact0
- Shipping Weight295.000
- Head SeriesA-Series
- Product Weight295.000
- Height17-1/2 IN - 21-1/2 IN
- WarrantyLimited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- FinishCARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
The CURT A20™ 5th wheel hitch offers smoother, quieter towing for your home-away-from-home, combining the patented technology of our A-series™, an easier mounting system and the power of a 20K 5th wheel hitch.
Like our A16™ hitch, this 20K 5th wheel hitch uses a patented cast yoke to allow for unimpeded head movement, while providing exceptional stability for the trailer. The yoke has a set of poly-torsion inserts to suppress shock loads and reduce excessive noise, and the head features high-strength, interlocking jaws to give the trailer stability and the freedom to pivot and swivel as needed.
This A20™ 5th wheel hitch head comes with the CURT R20™ slider and a set of 5th wheel rails to be mounted in a short-bed truck using a 5th wheel bracket kit (brackets sold separately). CURT 5th wheel sliders feature solid construction and offer a sturdy mounting place for your 5th wheel hitch, ensuring that none of its towing strength is lost. CURT 5th wheel sliders are also true rolling units, meaning they actually roll on wheels that bear the weight of the trailer rather than simply sliding on hollow rods as seen in competitive models. With a thick operating handle, the roller smoothly rolls the 5th wheel head forward and back, locking securely into each position as desired. CURT sliders also provide up to 12" of displacement as well, unlike the more common 10", to give you a wide range of motion and plenty of space to get your 5th wheel trailer around any turn.
Once installed, the A20™ is fast and simple to operate. It has a lockable, single-throw handle that self-resets to the ready-to-couple position after uncoupling, and it is equipped with a coupling indicator that is visible from the truck cab.
To protect the A20™ 5th wheel hitch against rust and wear, it comes with a black carbide powder coat finish and a limited lifetime warranty. We also test the A20™ for safety in accordance with SAE J2638 to ensure reliability for the road ahead.