CURT's new A-coat (Aquence Coating) further sets their hitches above all others. A-coat is the most advanced metal coating technology on the market and CURT is the only company in the towing industry to adopt this technology. The entire finishing process takes 11 steps from start to finish including immersion, acid cleaners, dehydration and co-cure ovens. CURT Manufacturing founder, Curt Tambornino, stated "This major investment in a complete Aquence coating line reflects CURT as a forward-thinking company and will provide the best corrosion resistance and finish in the industry. The state-of-the-art system ensures consistent coverage and the highest finish quality on the market."
Aquence Coating is the most advanced metal coating technology on the Market:
- Aquence 930 coating provides the highest level of corrosion resistance possible while preparing a metal surface for top quality painting.
- Henkel Corporation developed Aquence Coatings in 2001 and the 930 system represents the third generation of coating technologies successfully introduced.
- Aquence has been tested to the toughest industry standards in independent labs. It outperforms e-coating across key measures, including NSS (neutral salt spray).
Becoming the preferred system for automotive and industrial manufacturers:
- Fully approved by GM & Chrysler, partially by Ford, Honda, Toyota, Mazda, etc.
- Approved by heavy- equipment companies: Caterpillar, John Deere, Bobcat, etc.
CURT Mfg. is the only company in the towing industry to adopt this technology:
- This state-of-the-art system has 11 stages - but is simpler and more effective than e-coat systems employed by many hitch companies.
- Hitches go thru eleven baths/rinses prior to painting - each hitch travels 2,200 feet during this 3 ½ hour process.
- CURT's system is integrated with a computerized powder station which ensures the highest quality paint with the best finish on the market.
- Anything water can touch gets even coverage, including the inside of tubing, preventing corrosion from the inside out.
- A-coating will ensure CURT's renowned high-gloss finish will last even longer.
Aquence coating provides the most corrosion resistance of any metal coating method:
- A-coating is a chemical, not electrical deposition.
- The coating applies directly to the metal which delivers improved resistance to corrosion from scratches because there's no space for the corrosion to travel between the paint coat and metal surface.
- With Aquence coating, the width (or 'creep') of scratches over a six year test was 70% less than for the same test using the E-coat process. Source: Ford L467 test.
- The knee portion of edges (where the edge meets the sideplate) receives a consistent coating thickness, providing 90% more corrosion protection.
The integrated Aquence coating and powder painting system is Green certified and presents a significant improvement in environmental friendliness:
- CURT's Aquence system does not generate any hazardous waste or byproduct.
- After minimal treatment to neutralize the ph and remove toxins, used liquids can be disposed of directly into the municipal wastewater system.
- The powder painting system is self-contained, rather than an open-air system. Overspray is collected and re-used on other hitches.
- Aquence is a green-certified process.